Veggie Prom 2012!
It’s that time of year again: when the “Annual Veggie Prom” which usually happens in the same lovely weekend as The Veggie Pride Parade, but this year the parade will take place on May 27th.
I can’t believe it’s been a year as so many things have changed in my life.
– Met my friend Diana at last year’s Veggie Pride…
– Realized I had to move on and made a very important decision to
– leave Riverdale to start a new chapter in my life, even if it was quite hard.
– Realized that my true friends are supportive and fell in love with them all.
– I moved to Astoria.
– Started volunteering more often with PETA and traveled the country on an activist tour.
– Wore lettuce bikini’s at the capitol in DC.
– I moved to Brooklyn into a vegan house, where I am content and happy. And adore my roommates.
– Met extremely unique individuals..
– Finally found a job that I am happy going to daily.
– Became a Board of director at The Yippie Museum Cafe.
– Became closer to the friends I have.
– Experienced and conquered and thrived…
– Became the NY campaigner for a nationwide ANTI FUR campaign: INTERMIX: PLEASE STOP SELLING FUR.
– Invested more time and more dedication to activism.
– Started writing this here, blog.
– Had a vintage motorcycle ride I didn’t want to end….
– And went back to Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary as much as I can and threw a successful benefit for them.
Are you asking why I am posting this? Because again, I am running for Veggie Prom Queen.
It’s a night of dancing, enjoyable vegan refreshments and just good ol’ fun. Especially if you are like me and didn’t really enjoy your first prom: you’ll be quite pleased you attended this one! Donations will be made to Mercy For Animals.
Last year was a jolly good time!
Come on out on May 18th and celebrate and vote for me as your Veggie Prom queen for 2011!
And don’t forget those dancing shoes!
Prom attire definitely appreciated!
And for now until then: nominate me & campaign for me. 🙂
How to nominate someone:
In the subject line, put the full name of the person you would like to nominate.
In the body of the email, write one or two sentences about why you think this person should win.
Campaigning is not only allowed but encouraged! Some ideas to campaign about: what the nominee has done for the animals or veg*n movement, their character, how foxy or totally awesome they are… It’s up to you!
I’ll see you at The Prom! (Oh, will I have a date? ha!) and walking in the Veggie Pride Parade on May 27th.